Taking care of your Highland Home Custom Creations candles is essential to the health and longevity of your candles. Below you will find some tips on how to care for your wooden wick candles.  

  • This might sound obvious, but it is worth repeating: always use extreme care when burning any candle. Make sure you do not leave them burning unattended, and make sure there is nothing nearby that could ignite.
  • If at any point the flame of your candle seems too high, extinguish immediately, let cool, and trim the wick. You can trim the wick by gently pinching off the burnt bits with your fingers or by using a wick trimmer should you have one.
  • Make sure your candles are always out of reach of children and pets. The glass container gets hot when the wick is lit, and this can be a hazard to little hands and curious dogs and cats.
  • If your candle is almost out of wax, stop burning it when there is ¼ of an inch of wax left at the bottom. If you burn the candle all the way through the wax to the bottom, it could cause the glass jar to shatter.
  • All candles should be burned in a room that is well ventilated but protected from drafts.
A lit candle from Highland Home Custom Creations
  • Do not burn the candles for more than four hours at a time. Extinguish them after four hours, allow them to cool for two hours and then trim the wick again before you light them again.
  • When not in use, candles should be stored in a cool, dark and dry place. Avoid placing them in direct sunlight. If left in sunlight or harsh indoor lighting the candle coloring can fade.
  • If you notice smudges or dust on your candle jar it can be easily cleaned with a soft cloth.
  • After you have extinguished your candle, make sure it is not smoking and that the flame is completely out, and the wax cooled before you put them away.